Maintenance and Repair
Annual maintenance keeps your equipment working at the optimal level. We also offer maintenance agreements to streamline your repair costs. If you have something that isn’t working quite right, call us and let us know.
Suffolk County Communications is a full service installation and repair shop capable of repairs in-house and on-site service from our fully stocked service vehicles. We are an authorized warranty repair shop for most major radio manufacturers. We also offer annual maintenance agreements for those companies who want to keep their fleet in top working condition. Since 1981 we have provided superior service and supply to many major school districts and transportation companies on Long Island. Please call 631-231-0033 for service and information.
Battery Care Tips
- Charge your new battery overnight (14-16 hours) before using it. This is referred to as “initializing”; doing so will allow you to obtain maximum battery capacity.
- When using a rapid charger, leave the battery in the charger for an additional 1-2 hours after the green light appears.
- DO NOT leave your radio and battery in the charger when charging is not needed. Continuous charging will shorten battery life.
- Charge a battery only when it has been fully discharged.
- DO NOT return fully charged batteries to the charger for an “extra boost”. This action will significantly reduce battery life.
- Allow the battery to stabilize to room temperature before charging. Charging below 40° F and above 104° F will decrease battery life.
Battery Storage Information
- New batteries can be stored up to two years without significant cycle loss.
- Store new batteries at room temperature, in a cool dry area.
- Batteries which have been in storage should be charged overnight prior to use.