Battery Care Tips
- Charge your new battery overnight (14-16 hours) before using it. This is referred to as "initializing"; doing so will allow you to obtain maximum battery capacity.
- When using a rapid charger, leave the battery in the charger for an additional 1-2 hours after the green light appears.
- DO NOT leave your radio and battery in the charger when charging is not needed. Continuous charging will shorten battery life.
- Charge a battery only when it has been fully discharged.
- DO NOT return fully charged batteries to the charger for an "extra boost". This action will significantly reduce battery life.
- Allow the battery to stabilize to room temperature before charging. Charging below 40° F and above 104° F will decrease battery life.
Battery Storage Information
- New batteries can be stored up to two years without significant cycle loss.
- Store new batteries at room temperature, in a cool dry area.
- Batteries which have been in storage should be charged overnight prior to use.